For spray paint art, you will need a paintbrush and supplies as follows:
1/4 cup of water
½-3/4 cup of water-based latex medium
2-1/2 ounces of Acrylic Paint
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the acrylic paint on your paper in a thin line from your index finger all the way down your arm and shoulder all the way to the opposite side of your arm and side of your shoulder. This will give a smooth, almost transparent finish. It needs to spread smoothly and evenly and not over dry.
2. In a double boiler or a small saucepan, melt the water-based latex medium. Slowly add the water, pouring it as though it’s hot and the more you add the more a gloss and sheen it gives. You only want it about 1/4 cup in each cup. Once you start, continue adding water as you want and stirring.
3. After the water has cooled, slowly add the acrylic paint; keep stirring it until it is fully absorbed. Allow to fully dry before starting on the next step. We can do this step the day before, but when I do it is really nice if we can do it together in the morning and just let it dry in the shade or a sunny place in the afternoon.
4. Let it dry completely and completely cover with another layer of acrylic paint. I like to start off spraying the color in a thin line just below the top of my arm and then spreading it all the way around. I do this to make it look like a layer of paint is coming off and that is not so real.
5. Repeat the exact process with the second color, covering the lower edges of the arm to finish off the look.
6. We can do more then two colors, but I just like my base colors to be the same color as the upper part of the arm and I like the top layer to be a different color.
7. The final step is to apply this top layer, making sure the color is in just the right area to be noticeable and then spray paint the whole area.
8. You can also use a spray bottle and let you drip the latex onto the paper to finish the look.
How do I know if my finished product looks good?
If you feel that it looks great, then the paint may be good if you have a very forgiving eye.
how to spray paint art techniques explained pirates, spray paint street artist, las vegas street spray paint art las vegas, spray paint art tips, spray paint art galaxy milky way and planets